Thursday, August 2, 2012

My kind of Style –Ego


Ego Ogbaro is one embracer of this style in fashion and she says this with no apologies. She totally believes in a style that tells a story of her personal beliefs in life; a style that allows you follow your own taste and no one else’s and this is essentially a bohemian outlook on style.

One major style feature on Ego which distinguishes her from the rest of the throng is her hair do and this month makes it exactly seven years and seven months since she made up her mind to lock her natural hair.  Bold step you may call it but to her it’s only an expression of how she feels on the inside.
With beautiful highlights on some parts of the hair, Ego says she can’t say for sure what she might do next with her hair style, but at the moment she relishes the freedom it gives. “Maintaining my hair is really not as hard as it looks; I can do anything I want with it. I wash my hair myself and sometimes I change the look of the hair myself. I change it to any colour that catches my fancy at any time and generally have fun with my looks.
You may also wonder the inspiration behind this look, according to her;
She got really tired of doing all the regular stuff with the hair “I think it was when I started discovering myself and the type of music that I liked. Ego is really not into clothes or fashion, while she likes to dress up, she would rather do something else than think about her next outfit
If there are any style staples Ego can’t do without, she says it has to be wrist watches
“I’m watch fetish” she says “I love wrist watches, even more than I love clothes. It just adds a lot of glam to the look. It just makes a fashion statement. I would spend a lot of money on a wrist watch; I also love my rings and my beads
I really like Dakore and the way she dresses. I like her afro centric and bohemian blend. If I would want to dress like anybody in Nigeria, it would be Dakore, but outside the continent I like India Arie. I like the way she looks especially when she first came into the big scene. I really like people who tilt towards my style beliefs, so sorry I’m sounding biased” she concludes with a laugh. 
How do you shop? I’m an impulsive buyer, especially with shoes. I don’t always think clearly before I buy clothes. I really love to shop even though I don’t have a personal stylist. I know I need a personal stylist even though I hardly have any issues with styling myself. I make up my mind quickly.
Courtesy: Complete Fashion
... Making SENSE of digital revolution!

No comments: